Sunday 5 September 2010

606

Today I sung at the 606 club, Lots Road, London, with my choir of fab people, the London Vocal Project.
We have been on an amazing journey together, from humble beginnings in our rehearsal space at the Church on the Corner in Islington, through performances with Norma Winstone, Dame Cleo Laine and Sir Johnny Dankworth, and Bobby McFerrin with Roger Treece. We are led and inspired by Pete Churchill, who is simply within the music. The detail of sound and performance that he suggests to us, has led us beyond any individual's capabilities.
The highlight today, was the first solo performance from one of our newest members, Kwabena, currently studying the the Academy. He ripped the arse out of Stevie Wonder's "Love's in Need' (Songs in the key of life). It was a delight to see him perform. More from him, and from all of us without a doubt.
The LVP have been my sanctuary through all of my personal struggles, and when we sing together, nothing else in the world matters. It's all good really...
Still freaked about starting my Masters on Wednesday...ouch. Will be interesting to see how I feel 3 weeks down the line.
x

2 comments:

  1. Check out Benjamin Zander either on YouTube or his web site - a conductor who describes his job as awakening the possibilities in other people - sort of fits the bill nicely I think!

    LoL
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any other profession or hobby that sustains like music - it seems that when times are good or bad it is always there - ready to help and create new and exciting things.... x

    ReplyDelete