Monday 20 September 2010

Lutoslawski, Stevie Wonder and prawns

Well, a rich combination indeed! During the evening hours I engaged deeply with Lutoslawski (the 3rd symphony; blew me away!), with Peter Maxwell Davies, and his life in Orkney, which sounds so peaceful, with Stevie Wonder, 'cause I've got a gig on Saturday and I have to play some Stevie tunes (there's no place like home, there's no place like home...), and with Joe Sample; can't believe I transcribed his solo. He is the groove- meister.
I spoke with Oj on the joys of having friends over to play, and my Pa on the joys of getting permission from my landlord to convert my shed into a music room (hurrah!). Further, I spoke with my friend who today is 40, and wondered when I would be the one with friends reaching 40, rather than dreading playing the 40th birthday gig, where people have too much fun for their age! I sent my best wishes to my newest friend who is 18 and on her way to Cambridge to study languages. She is a clever girl, and fab musician, with a super shiny future - keep polishing that future lady!
I am in the middle of a new composition for piano, based on a flower that looks like a bird; so that's a good image for me. Something that isn't quite as it seems. Nothing like a struggle to give me some good compositional material :)
I spoke with Alex, of music and double glazing, which is imminent in his chilly abode. I also bought him a nespresso machine, which I can't really afford, but just seemed like a nice thing to do.


It's been a busy day.


Tomorrow I see 'Gary the composer Carpenter' for the second time. This time with my new piano score and big band composition. Ooh.


and to top it all, I made a super yum stir fry with king prawns and cashew nuts.


Today, life is fine.


I like those days indeed.


Nunight x

No comments:

Post a Comment