Friday 10 September 2010

you know when you throw your coin in the well, and wait for the plop?

I've been standing on the edge of my particular wishing well for 3 days now, and I still didn't hear that comforting 'plop', so I still don't know how deep it is! 
The nice thing tho, is that there already seems to be some pretty chilled people gathering around and listening too, so however deep, I'm not the only one listening...

Today, the small, but perfectly formed composition newbies gathered for our first meeting. I think it's gonna be okay here. Good, I might say. The other composers are smart people, without competitive egos. All I felt today was support...support of the strange maybe? The composition department is pretty small, and to one side, metaphorically, from the wealth of world-class performers that inhabit the rest of the building, but already there is a family vibe, a unity that I like. It's scary you know, being the out of town-er, the only mum, the 37, and certainly the smallest!!, but today I wasn't scared, just excited. Happy to have my locker, and to have used it for the first time. It's like piglet going exploring. I may be a small animal, but I'm going to be brave!
As for the music...I can feel it brewing. As we speak, there is a little ribbon floating around; it's been there all afternoon, but just a little out of reach, but it's coming closer, and that's going to be my first ribbon, ready to be used and grown upon. I think it's something dark, but not melancholy. I guess I'll find it in a minute and I'll write the bugger down...then see what happens. Maybe I'll hear that 'plop'? (or maybe that will never come?)


So I have my final weekend of relative freedom. The kids are with their dad, and I've just got a little teaching to do. Alex is gigging all weekend, and has some of his own shit to deal with. So it's me, Jake the cat, and those dancing ribbons. 

Nice x

No comments:

Post a Comment